Another quote, this one from Return to Me. 😛 It’s said at about 1:10 in this video…
Well, I forgot to blog last Thursday and tomorrow is the day of Eileen and Mike’s rehearsal/rehearsal dinner/joint bachelor/bachelorette party so I will probably not remember to post.
A few things I’ve been enjoying this week:
- The anticipation of this wedding: Not just because it’s probably my last for a while. Mostly because E and I have been friends since we were 3, we were girl scouts together, went to 2 different private schools together, managed to stay best friends when I went to public jr. high and high school 30 minutes away (not easy to do before facebook!), I was in her quincenera etc. etc. And Mike is awesome too. They are (besides my mom) my favorite people in the world. Seriously I could hang out with them everyday, and I would if I was inconsiderate of their need to be alone 🙂 So I’m totally psyched for this wedding which will not just be a beautiful ceremony but also a collection of people I consider to be my own family (E is Mexican= huuuuuge extended family) and lots of friends. And my own family (more on them later!). Okay, moving on!
- Anticipation for this baby! Kat and Clay are still waiting on baby Jemma and I’ve had my phone on 24/7 so I don’t miss the mass text. 🙂
- Getting to see my sister: My sister Katie came home for the weekend for her best friend’s sister’s engagement party but she was able to spend some time with us as well, we went shopping and I think single handedly brought the economy up and also went to the joint baptisms of our neighbors (sisters who had their kids a few months apart– this is our new plan). It was great to get to hang out with her and I’ll get to do it again this weekend!
- My sisters! Both of my sisters are coming home for the wedding!! I haven’t seen Robin since I left for England and I need to smack her around a little for being a hermit her first month of college. 🙂 And we’ll get to celebrate Katie’s birthday (23 is not the horrible age she thinks it is).
- Nutella: I haven’t had any for a while..well since my flight back from London, but I saw that commercial and then the twitter conversation exploded so I love it even more now. Nutella brings people together.
- New television! I love when new seasons start and there are a billion new and returning shows to watch. Though the choices can get overwhelming at times. So far I’m watching: Community (don’t really like the premise but I loooove Joel McHale), Castle (Nathan Fillion mmmm), How I Met your Mother (Marshall with the whip? Awesome), Accidentally on Purpose (pretty adorable pilot, hope it gets a chance), Big Bang Theory (Oh Sheldon how we missed you), The Mentalist (can’t wait!), Psych (um, Jaleel White on this week’s ep, say what?!), Drop Dead Diva (technically a summer season show, but I still love it and Fred came back!), Bones (sigh). I also just started season 1 of Fringe and Middle Man both are awesome so far.
- Finishing a DIY project! Before I left for England (a month or 2 before actually) I finally got completely fed up with the grossness of the carpet in my room- it was the original dark brown striped awfulness from when the house was built. Nasty and full of years of cat dander that wouldn’t come up with the vacuum cleaner because that’s how compressed into the carpet it was. So I ripped it all out, repainted my room and planned on putting flooring down. 3 months late still no flooring. So last weekend I’d had enough. Dad laid out a few of the tiles for me to work from and I tiled my whole room pretty much by myself. And then I moved most of my stuff back in my room from my living room where it’d been sitting for the interim. All clean and nice now for the most part 🙂 I’m very proud of myself, and I won’t be doing any more DIY for quite some time.
Well, the jr high dismisses in a few minutes and then I’ll be mobbed by my adoring public 🙂 If you’re looking for me, I’ll be the one surrounded by rapidly talking 12-13 year olds.
p.s. In case you missed the tweet, here’s a link of me and my kids really enjoying the new Beatles Rock Band.