I really wish we could!
I’ve been meaning to blog about my much-talked-about Halloween costume, but I couldn’t find a photo that showed all the details until now. So here we go! There’s a list below to describe all the little bits/everything about the costume. I got really into my theme, which was Steampunk ‘Book’aneer, or just Book Pirate as I told all the uninitiated. 🙂
- Book page eyepatch with Jolly Roger reading a book
- Book page earrings (not pictured- book page bracelet)
- White shirt from my mom’s closet dyed with tea
- Quoth the Raven (with a book page speech bubble “Never more”
- Hollowed out book that holds pistol which unfurls the word ‘Bang!’ when fired
- Corset made (by Kat) from strapless minidress
- Collar from a men’s shirt (tailored to my neck by Kat), vintage cameo
- Tiny paper books tied to my corset strings wrapped around my waist
- Old bridesmaid skirt ruched in front (by my mom) and bustled in back (by Robin)
- Steampunk-hacked nerfgun made for me by one of my kids
- Witch Halloween decoration, not a part of my costume
Not noted: the writing on my stockings (a book on one leg, Walt Disney quote on the other), the metal bustle frame my dad made for me that I couldn’t/wouldn’t wear to work, YA Halloweeny book display behind me, aaand the blue stuff on my wrist is my tattoo…
My kids and coworkers did a good job with the theme as well!
I am probably going to keep/modify/add to this to wear to Comicpalooza in 2012…